Free guided tours of Parliament are available to constituents. The walking tour of the Palace of Westminster includes:
- Westminster Hall, the ancient hall at the heart of the Palace where Parliament first sat and where many historic events have taken place
- The House of Commons, including the Speaker's Chair, the famous green benches and the 'lobbies' where MPs actually vote
- The House of Lords, including the Royal Throne
- The Queen's Robing Room, Royal Gallery and many other fascinating parts of the Palace of Westminster
Tours begin in Westminster Hall and run every 5 minutes. They are available on:
- Monday: 9:00am -12:00pm full tour;
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 9:55am full tour, 10:15am-12:00pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 9:55am full tour, 10:15am - 12:00pm (House of Lords tour only)
- Sitting Fridays: 3:30pm - 5:00pm full tour
Tours do not run on Thursdays.
- Summer recess: Monday 9:30am - 12:30pm (except Bank Holidays)
- All other recesses: Mondays 9:30am - 5:00pm
Please note that tours are very popular and places are limited.
It is possible to book tours through the Tours page of the Parliament website here up to four weeks in advance.
If you are unsuccessful booking through this route, though this would be unusual, please do get back in touch and we’ll see if we may be able to arrange an alternative.
Constituents wishing to arrange a tour of Parliament should contact Nickie's House of Commons Office, providing their full postal address along with preferred dates and times.
Prime Minister's Questions (PMQs) Tickets
While Nickie can obtain public gallery tickets for constituents who wish to watch debates in Parliament, please be aware that due to its popularity, MPs only receive a limited allocation of PMQ tickets (x2 per MP) on a quarterly basis. This can mean a long wait if it is only PMQs, rather than another debate, that you wish to attend. Those wishing to attend PMQs can also join the public queue to watch PMQs, however, there is no guarantee that you will be able to gain access to PMQs in this way.