For the General Election on 12 December 2019, the deadline for applying for a proxy vote (not an emergency proxy) is 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.
You must be registered to vote first and can only apply if:
- You are unable to go to the polling station for one particular election, eg if you are on holiday
- You have a physical condition that means you cannot attend the polling station
- Your employment or attendance on an educational course mean you cannot attend the polling station
- You are a Crown Servant, British Council Employee or member of the Armed Forces, or spouse or civil partner of one
The form you need to complete depends on whether you live in the City of London or the City of Westminster.
City of London
If you live in the City of London, download the proxy vote application pack here. The form includes full instructions but if you have any questions please contact the Corporation's Electoral Services team on 0800 5875537.
City of Westminster
If you are registered to vote in Westminster, you should download an application form from Westminster City Council's website here. Please call the Council direct on 020 7641 2730 if you have any questions.
Your proxy vote form should be returned directly to Westminster City Council:
- You can email your completed form to: email@example.com
- You can send your completed form to: Electoral Services, Westminster City Council, 14th Floor City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP or using the Council's Freepost address (UK only) to Freepost RTJY-BJSY-HULU, Electoral Registration Officer, Westminster City Council, Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP.
- You can fax your form to 020 7641 2917.